We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Custom footers

I have a document that has page numbers in the bottom of the document in the footer. There are some circumstances that it needs to read Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, etc but there are also some situations that it is required to print Page 1, Page 2a, Page 2b, Page 3.

I’ve tried everything I can think of. I can’t edit a single page’s footer. Do you have a solution or a better idea? It’s a flexible document, so I can’t just do carriage returns to the bottom of the page.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. With Aspose.Words you can insert page field in the document using DocumentBuilder.InsertField method. Note that InsertField will only insert a field, but will not update it. You need to call Document.UpdatePageLayout method to update page field.

Please manually create your expected Word document using Microsoft Word and attach it here for our reference. We will investigate how you want your final Word output be generated like. We will then provide you more information on this along with code.