Custom License Issue

Both Aspose.Excel.dll and Aspose.Custom.lic are located in the following directory

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UnderwriterModule\bin<br />
but I get the following error. Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks,

Theo

Server Error in ‘/UnderwriterModule’ Application.

The root element is missing.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: The root element is missing.

Source Error:

Line 221: Line 222: Dim license As Aspose.Excel.License = New Aspose.Excel.License Line 223: license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Custom.lic”) Line 224: Line 225: Dim objExcel As Aspose.Excel.Excel = New Aspose.Excel.Excel

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UnderwriterModule\Forms\Download.ascx.vb Line: 223

Stack Trace:

[XmlException: The root element is missing.] System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() +876 System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() +146 System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() +26 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadCurrentNode() +157 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) +49 System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +102 System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +72 System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream) Aspose.Excel.License.SetLicense(Stream stream) Aspose.Excel.License.SetLicense(String licenseName) UnderwriterModule.Download.ExcelDownload(DataRow drDocument) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UnderwriterModule\Forms\Download.ascx.vb:223 UnderwriterModule.Download.Download(DataRow drDocument) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UnderwriterModule\Forms\Download.ascx.vb:212 UnderwriterModule.Download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UnderwriterModule\Forms\Download.ascx.vb:192 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Hi Theo,

It seems that your license file is crashed. Could you please attach your license file here? I will check it ASAP.

Here is the file.

Thanks for your help.

Theo

This license file is crashed. It’s only 2 bytes. Please contact our sales team for a correct license file. You can post your request at

Please provide your order ID there.

Lawrence,

Thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction. It turned out our email filter was stripping out the XML and leaving an empty file.

Thanks again.

Theo