The custom properties of a XLS Password encrypted file is removed after manual edition of the file that is previously worked using Aspose Library.
- Create a XLS file with some text in it and password encrypt it in the “info” section. Give the password as “pass1”.
- Run the program, that just opens the XLS file, add a custom property as “Named101” and “Valued101”.
- Check if the property is added in the right click properties of the file in the windows explorer.
- Open the file manually and edit the file and save it.
- Check the custom properties like in step 3.
- You will see the custom property is vanished.
this would not happen if the XLS is not worked on using Aspose library. Some how Aspose saves the XLS in some format is not liked by the excel and hence when manually edited and saved it removes the custom properties.
Attaching the simple console app that dipicts this behaviour. Please check and give me your comments
NOTE: I have removed the Aspose Cells nu get library package to reduce the size as there is a limitation of 50MB
CustomPropertiesWontStick.zip (502.4 KB)