Custom Tab Sizing lost on conversion to pdf

Hi guys,

In the attached document [TestForAspose.zip (8.9 KB)] the footer is using the ‘footer’ style, which has tab spacing on 7.32cm.

When this document is converted to pdf via the Aspose.Words.Save option the tab size drops to what I believe to be the normal spacing causing the second line to move towards the center.

I have tried this with the following versions of Aspose.Words 16.1, 16.7 and 18.1 and the result is the same please can you investigate why the tab size changes once it is converted to pdf and rectify as necessary.

Thank you,

Stan

@modern.gov,

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 18.1, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-16322. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@modern.gov,

Our product team has completed the initial analysis of this issue (WORDSNET-16322). However, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date (no ETA is available).

In this document footer has centered custom tab stop and paragraph is center aligned as well. If I use MS Word UI to align it left and then center again the tab stop is lost. So for some reason MS Word treats this center aligned tab as left aligned.

This seems to be affected by “forget last tab alignment” compatibility option. If I remove it then document is rendered in MS Word the same way as in Aspose.Words.

The workaround is to remove tab stop (or compatibility option) and right align the paragraph.