Custom theme support

Question:

Is there support for custom themes? I.e. creating a presentation from a *.THMX file or apply a theme from a *.THMX file to an existing slide?

I can’t seem to find the API.

Thanks,
DC

@dcherkassky,

I have observed your requirement and regret to share that at present the support for loading custom THMX file is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-36458 has already been added in our issue tracking system to provide requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the support will be available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Mudassir Fayyaz

Sorry, I should have specified Java. But I imagine the answer is the same, right :slight_smile:

Thanks,
DC

@dcherkassky,

I have updated my response w.r.t Aspose.Slides for Java issue ID logged as new feature request.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir Fayyaz

Is there any update on this?

@jwhitmarsh8b0fb,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that this feature will be provided tentatively in Aspose.Slides 18.4. Aspose.Slides 18.4 will be released soon and i request for your patience.

1 Like

Thanks @Adnan.Ahmad - that’s great news

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-36458) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz

Is this API documented anywhere? How would one apply a custom theme from one file to another?

@jwhitmarsh8b0fb,

Please, use the following code to apply the Open XML theme:

final Presentation pres = new Presentation("pres.pptx");
try
{
   pres.getMasters().get_Item(0).applyExternalThemeToDependingSlides(thmxFilePath);
   pres.save(outPptxFileName, SaveFormat.Pptx);
}
finally { if (pres != null) ((IDisposable)pres).dispose(); }