Customizing slice colors and shapes

Hi,

I have smart tag in a cell that displays a list of data when ran. There is a pie chart linked to that smart tag that displays the data in the chart. So that all works fine. My requirement is to have the legend in excel show only colors and not data items due to formatting restrictions in Excel. I was thinking of not using a legend and create excel shapes (little triangles), assign them colors to match the colors in the pie chart, load them into a list or table and display the list of shapes using a smart tag.

Can this be done?

Attached is an example

Hi,

Well, if you are talking about Smart Art shapes, I am afraid, currently Aspose.Cells does not support to create or manipulate it. If you are talking about MS Excel’s standard charts, kindly do create your desired chart in MS Excel manually whose legend items are rendered as shapes without text and these should be linked to match the Pie chart color slices, you may save the Excel file and share it here, we will check and look into it.

Thank you.

There are shapes and smart art and I'm not sure which one you're referring to. I attached a screenshot to the one (shapes) that I'm referring to.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Hi,

I am talking about Smart arts. Kindly create your desired chart in MS Excel manually whose legend items are rendered as shapes without text and these should be linked to match the Pie chart color slices automatically, save the Excel file and share it here, also mention the steps involved. We will check it soon. I suspect this is not possible though, anyways, I am not completely sure about it and I may be wrong.

Thank you.

Hi,

When you add a shape manually its not linked to the pie chart so the only way the colors match is if you set the color of the shapes the same as the pie slices. Can I add shapes (not smart art) programmatically with determining the shapes and properties, if so, how?

Then is there a smart tag I can use to reference those shapes?

Thanks

Hi,

When you add a shape manually its not linked to the pie chart

Yes, this is what I am talking about that shapes cannot be linked to automatically render or get the pie chart’s slices colors.

Well, you may create different kinds of shapes/ controls or other drawing objects using Aspose.Cells API, see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Working+with+Controls

Thank you.