CustomTempFonts

@Nick.Wiechers

Thanks for pointing it out. We were able to reproduce the issue in our environment now. We have logged it as PDFNET-52420 in our issue tracking system for the sake of correction. You will be notified via this forum thread as soon as it is resolved. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks Asad

I look forward to the fix.

Regards

Nick

Hi

Any news on when a fix will be released?

Regards

Nick

@Nick.Wiechers

The ticket has recently been logged in our issue tracking system and it will be resolved on a first come first serve basis. We will surely inform you once we make some definite progress towards its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

Hi, guys, I have a same problem. In fact, it creates more temp files at C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\CustomTempFonts when just save as to Doc or Docx via Aspose.PDF >=22.4.

I want to know, when we can fix it?

Thanks a lot.

@xucongli1989

The earlier logged issue is under the phase of the investigation and we are afraid that it is not yet resolved. Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and will surely let you know as soon as we make some definite progress towards its resolution. Please spare us some time.

Thanks, Iā€™m not sure you know that clearly, so let me give you an example.

Code

void Main()
{
	var sourcePath = @"C:\Users\XCL\Desktop\test\source.pdf";
	var targetPath = @"C:\Users\XCL\Desktop\test\target.docx";
	var doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(sourcePath);
	doc.Save(targetPath, Aspose.Pdf.SaveFormat.DocX);
}

Demo Files

source.pdf (5.4 KB)

target.docx (10.5 KB)

Before Execute

20221115091347.png (12.1 KB)

After Execute

20221115091536.png (19.8 KB)

Note

In this demo, we can see three folders because of the source file is easy. If we use a complex PDF file, it will create more and more folders and temp fonts files and these files cannot be deleted.

Environment

• Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.10 (in fact, just >=22.4)
  • Windows 10 64bit 21H2 19044.2251

From my latest findings seem to be influenced by this default option: Aspose.Pdf.DocSaveOptions.RecognitionMode.Textbox

If I change code to this, itā€™s OK:

void Main()
{
	var sourcePath = @"C:\Users\XCL\Desktop\test\source.pdf";
	var targetPath = @"C:\Users\XCL\Desktop\test\target.docx";
	var doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(sourcePath);
	var ops = new Aspose.Pdf.DocSaveOptions();
	ops.Format = Aspose.Pdf.DocSaveOptions.DocFormat.DocX;
	ops.Mode = Aspose.Pdf.DocSaveOptions.RecognitionMode.Flow; // Important !!!
	doc.Save(targetPath, ops);
}

@xucongli1989

We have understood the issue and please note that similar issues were reported in the past as well and they were resolved. The API was already programmed to delete the temporary files generated during conversion. This issue that you are facing or the one that has already been logged is a regression and we are working on it. Also, this can be environment specific as we were unable to reproduce it in our environment.

Nevertheless, a separate dedicated ticket as PDFNET-53031 has been logged for your case. It has been linked with this forum thread and you will surely be notified as soon as the issue is fixed. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi

Iā€™m about to renew my Aspose license so wanted to check in on the status of this bug which is causing a lot of inconvenience?

@Nick.Wiechers

Regretfully, the tickets could not get resolved due to other issues in the queue logged prior. However, your concerns have already been recorded and we will consider them during investigation. We will let you know as soon as some progress is made towards tickets resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-53031,PDFNET-52420) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.5.

The issue resurfaced in since version 23.6.

• Windows 10
  • Aspose.PDF 23.6+ for .NET

@Nick.Wiechers

We have opened a ticket using the same information that was already provided by you in this forum thread. The ticket has been logged with the following ID in our issue tracking system.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-55750

We will look into its details and let you know once it is resolved. Please spare us some time.

Is there any progress on this issue?

@xucongli1989

We are afraid that the earlier logged ticket has not been yet resolved due to other issues in the queue. We will surely prioritize the ticket as per first come first serve policy and let you know as soon as some updates are available about its resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Is there any update on PDFNET-55750 ? We are also experiencing it. Right now we cannot upgrade past v23.5 and are close to our license renewal.

@rhrufftx

We are afraid that the earlier logged ticket could not get resolved due to other pending issues in the queue. Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and will surely inform you as soon as we make some progress towards its resolution. Please spare us some time.