Data in Picture with Cell Reference

Hi,
I would like to have a empty picture and show data in picture by setting data reference in formula bar.
Attached is the sample excel work sheet, same i would like to do by using Aspose.

Thanks
Venkata

Hi,

Thanks for the file.

I did test your file in MS Excel, your so called picture/image is actually set to the data reference/range e.g “=$A$2:$B$5”. Could you elaborate and give more details with the steps involved (in MS Excel) on how did you do this in MS Excel with a simple picture box control using MS Excel’s options etc. After getting the details, we will evaluate it and help you better accordingly.

By the way, one workaround can be you may set the print area e.g “A2:B5” using Worksheet.PageSetup options/APIs, then take the image using SheetRender API, now insert that picture into your desired cells using Worksheet.Pictures.Add() method/API.

Thank you.

Hi,

Below are the steps to create image with data.

1. Create an empty picture by just open mspaint and save a picture in .jpg format.
2. Create sample data showing on the excel sheet (A1 to B5).
3. Insert empty picture in excel work sheet by Insert–>Picture–>select picture
4. Select picture in excel sheet.
5. Goto formuale bar and enter "==$A$2:$B$5"

Thanks
Venkata

Hi,

Also i tried work around prescribed you but which was not full fill our requirement. I got image with data but the data was static as we created image from print area and got the image back into excel sheet. This won’t help us any more because we need to data should be updated in the image dynamically.

For example : We have a drop down list and as per the selection the data in the image should be updated.

We need the resolution ASAP.
Thanks
Venkata

Hi,

I tried some steps to create a picture with a dynamic date range in the same worksheet but it does not work properly on my end. Could you elaborate point 1) more.
"1. Create an empty picture by just open mspaint and save a picture in .jpg format."
How can we create a static picture in paint brush, provide the steps here, we will check it soon.

Once we find all the information, we may help you accordingly or we will log a ticket for it into our database if we can support it.

Thank you.

Hi,

Empty picture is nothing but an image with white background. Please find the attached file which contains steps to create an empty picture.

Thanks
Venkata
Hi,

Thanks for providing further details with screen shots.

We have understood your requested feature now. I think this is the feature of MS Excel 2010 which is not supported at the moment. I have tested your scenario and MS Excel 2010 allows me to specify the data source range in the formula bar for a picture which works fine. However, in MS Excel 2007, this feature may not be there. We will check if we can support to set the date range for a picture with cell reference (Excel 2010). I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSNET-41726" for your needs, we will look into it to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.5 with the following code.

C#

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

Cells cells = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells;

cells[“A1”].PutValue(“A1”);

cells[“C10”].PutValue(“C10”);

Picture pic = (Picture)workbook.Worksheets[0].Shapes.AddPicture(0, 3, 10, 6, null);

pic.Formula = “A1:C10”;

workbook.Worksheets[0].Shapes.UpdateSelectedValue();

workbook.Save(@“D:\Filetemp\dest.xlsx”);

Hi,

Thank you so much for the fix. Now its working fine.

Thanks
Venkata

Hi,

Good to know that the new fix/version v7.4.3.5 works fine for your desired feature.

Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other query, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41726) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.