Data in table missing when a PDF with watermark is exported to PPTX

Hi,

I ran into an issue when exporting a PDF with a table and a watermark to PPTX. Some data values are missing from the table near the watermark text. The conversion is fine without the watermark.

var fileName = ""; // Enter the PDF filename
try (Document document = new Document("src/main/java/" + fileName + ".pdf")) {
       document.save("saved.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);
}

I’ve attached the source PDF & PPTX in a zip.

Archive.zip (6.3 MB)

Regards,
Sitamsh

@srijal,

Can you point me out what fields are missing and on what page?

I am using Aspose.Pdf version 23.2

public void Logic() throws Exception
{
    var doc = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(PartialPath + "_input.pdf");

doc.save(PartialPath + "_output.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);
}

The input and output:

ConvertToPptx_2_input.pdf (157.5 KB)

TableDoesNotRenderComplete_2_output.zip (296.5 KB)

The value 3,897 in the 6th column, row SN 5 is missing in PPTX conversion.

PDF screenshot (55.3 KB)
PPTX screenshot (54.3 KB)

Regards.
Sitamsh

There also another issue with conversion with watermark present. Some PDFs with watermarks have a white box around the watermark. Can be seen when a background color is added to slide

See example:
Source PDF: Quality Metrics-03_08_2023.pdf (141.2 KB)

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 5.49.51 PM.jpg (85.5 KB)

@srijal,

Thank you for showing exactly where the issue was. I am sorry I did not notice.

I was able to replicate the error. I will be creating a ticket for the development team.

@srijal
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-53861

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Could you please provide an update on this?

@anilmhjn,

I can tell you the current state, which is “not started”, but when this will be done, I have no idea since I am not part of the dev team, nor do I have any input in their scheduling.

@carlos.molina, Thank you for your response.

Again an urgent issue at our end, could you please provide an update consulting dev team?

@anilmhjn

We regret to inform you that previously logged ticket could not get investigated due to other issues in the queue logged prior to it. We have recorded your concerns and will surely inform you once we make some significant progress towards ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.