Data loss when using POP3

Hi,

We have a data loss when using POP3 protocol.
Problem is reproducible when at least one of the line in the message body starts with “+” symbol followed by space symbol.
I’ve done some testing and found that regression is introduced in version 18.1.
I’ve attached sample for reproducing the issue. Please see AETest.zip.
And I’ve attached results of this sample for v. 17.12( message1712.eml) and v. 18.3( message183.eml).
Could you please escalate this issue because it’s really blocker issue for our customers.

Regards,
Irina

AETest.zip (13.3 KB)
results.zip (612 Bytes)

@cap.aspose,

We were able to reproduce the problem at our end and have logged it as EMAILNET-39031 for further investigation. We’ve mentioned the urgency of this issue against the logged ticket and will update you here as some information is available in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

Thanks for quick response.
I’ve also attached customer’s emails.

Regards,
Irina

Original emails.zip (124.2 KB)

@cap.aspose,

The issue has already been fixed and the upcoming version (which will be available in a couple of days) will include the fix for this release. We’ll notify you here once it is available for download.

Hi Kashif,

Thanks. It’s a really good news. If it possible could you please provide hot fix or at least some test fix today 6/28 because now it’s a show stopper for our patch release?

Regards,
Irina

@cap.aspose,

We are glad to share that this new version is already released and you may download it from here to test. Please provide your feedback once testing is done at your end.

Hi Kashif,

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Irina

Hi Kashif,

I’ve done some tests. It works fine now.
Thanks.

Regards,
Irina

@cap.aspose,

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-39031) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by kashif.iqbal