Datalabels missing from some charts when a chart exporting to image

We are expecting DataLabels to be part of the image when performing a chart.toImage export but it seems that this is not always the case. I’ve attached a test case. Please compare the generated “0First1.jpg” to the one that exists in the sheet. (195.2 KB)

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSJAVA-43132 – Datalabels missing from some charts while exporting chart to image

We got the issue in the following chart only:
0First1.jpg (22.6 KB)

1 Like

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-43132”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.


Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v20.2.6 (attached)

Your issue should bed fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback. (7.0 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43132) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java v20.3. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by ahsaniqbalsidiqui (27.3 KB)

Thank you. During our testing we have observed that when the operating system is set to german. The value shown on the chart and on the cell.value() use different separators.

please observe chart 01 and chart 11 and compare to the printed values.

Thank you for contacting Aspose support again. Please provide details about the following by sharing the steps to create the environment here:

We will try to reproduce the issue here and provide assistance accordingly. (291.9 KB)
Please set the computer setttings to the one showing in the pictures attached, then reboot your computer and run the code. Thank you.

It seems to be expected behavior which you can check by setting the system to German language and open the sample Excel file. You will observe that separator are automatically changed in data and charts according the current settings. Hence it does not seems to be an issue with the Aspose.Cells for Java but expected behavior similar to MS Excel.

Hi, the separator is not changed in data. Please see attachments, when using com.aspose.cells.Cells.get(index).getValue() the separator is still dot instead of comma under German OS settings. The charts show the correct separator but the separator in data is wrong.wrong (33.5 KB)

We have observed the scenario and logged it in our database for further investigation. We will notify you here once any feedback is ready for sharing.

We have logged a separate ticket for this issue for further analysis as follows:

CELLSJAVA-43328 - Separator is different between chart and com.aspose.cells.Cells.get(index).getValue()

For those mentioned cells, Cell.getValue() will return double value. For Java, toString() of double value will not format the numeric value with locale settings. To get expected result, you should format those double values by yourself, such as using NumberFormat.