DataTable String Type Fields Rounded During Region Merge into Grid

In the course of testing an upgrade from Aspose.Words 6.6 to 7.0 I noticed that the cell values in my Word tables were being rounded to three significant decimal places. This occurs even if the source DataTable column(s) is assigned a data type of string. So, if a data table field contains a string value of 3.1456 when merged into a table using Aspose.Words 7.0 the value 3.146 is merged into the cell. When performing the same operation using Aspose.Words 6.6, the correct source value of 3.1456 is merged into the cell. It appears as if version 7.0 is inferring a data type even though the underlying type is defined as a string.

For your convenience I included three attachments: Two Word documents demonstrating the output results of version 6.6 and version 7.0. I also included a zipped up Visual Studio 2008 solution that contains a spike in the form of a test (see method DataTableFieldTruncated in file BugTest.cs).

This issue is preventing us from upgrading and closing out bugs in our system. Let me know if there’s anything we can do on our end to change the reported behavior.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. you will be notified as soon as the issue is resolved.

Best regards.

Thanks Alexey,

I was actually hoping there was something in our code that needed adjusting or a workaround.

Please provide me with the assigned bug number for future reference.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

The issue number is 11189.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11189) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.