Datatable to ppt table merge / lengthy ppt loading

I see that Aspose.Words uses a method that uses a datatable then merges it with the document to create a table. I know that Aspose.Cells can do the same, but is there a way to do that in Aspose.Slides. I currently have a hardcoded data extract into the table.

Also, I am loading a template ppt and a resources ppt and the write and read process is really long. Maybe a minute. Is this normal?

Also the file size for the resource ppt is quite large.

Hi Darek,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that unlike in Aspose.Words for .NET, Aspose.Slides for .NET doesn't have the support for accessing the database and later on adding them in presentation tables. One need to manually do so at the moment. Secondly, the time of loading presentation depends upon the size and contents inside the presentation. Can you please share the presentation data for necessary investigation on our end.

An issue with ID 28136 has been created in our issue tracking system as a new feature request for the issue of loading database data inside presentation table directly. Our development team will investigate the possibility of implementing the mentioned feature in Aspose.Slides for .NET.

Thanks and Regards,

The contents of the presentation are just gifs. It is essentially an icon library. It is over 5 mb.

Also, I’m having a bit of trouble using this icon library.

I load the resource ppt. Then using alternative text, I search and find the shapes. Then using memory stream, I put the found shape into a slide. Then I sent the last slide of the presentation I want to the slide I created with the shapes I added.

However, when I open the presentation, I don’t see the shape or see a different shape from the template powerpoint that I use to create the final powerpoint.

A clearer explanation of my question is: Does serializing the shape affect anything? And how do I add an existing slide (with or without a presentation) to a presentation?

Hi Darek,

I am extremely sorry to share that I have not been able to understand the requirements shared by you. Can you please give some detail elaboration of the issue. Secondly, if you are encountering issue with using images in the presentation then please share the presentation along with code snippet for necessary investigation.

The shape serialization for PPT is also supported. Please read this article for further details. In order to copy slides, slide cloning feature is available that allows you to copy slides with in presentation or from other presentations. Please visit this article for more insight on slide cloning. Please share if I may be of any further help to you.

Thanks and Regards,