DateTime Returned for XLSM Doc Properties is incorrect

Documentation states that DateTime related properties from the BuiltInDocumentPropertyCollection are returned in UTC. This works as expected for the XLS documents (at least that ones we tried), however for XLSM, it returns it in the local time.

Attaching the XLSM file

REPRO:
- Get Created or Modified time from the BuildInDocumentPropertyCollection

PROBLEM:
- Date returned on a machine running in PST time, returns 1996-10-14T16:33:28
- Date returned on a machine running in EST time, returns 1996-10-14T19:33:28

EXPECTED:
- Date returned should be 1996-10-14T23:33:28 (UTC time)

NOTE: We would be able to workaround the issue if all of the excel formats were consistent but since XLS returns in UTC and XLSM in local time, and we are not sure what other formats might present a problem yet, this needs to be fixed to match the specs.

Thanks,
Kesha

Hi Kesha,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please provide us your sample code replicating this issue. We will look into it and update you asap.

Please also download and try the latest version: <a href="" “=”">Aspose.Cells for Java v7.6.0.2 and see if it makes any difference.

Thank you for a quick reply!

We did try with the 7.6.0.2 version and it has the same behavior. As far as the repro steps, I did upload the document and gave the detailed steps in the original post.

Here is more details:

- workbook = Instantiate Workbook object
- props = workbook.getBuiltInDocumentProperties()
- created_time = props.getCreatedTime()

PROBLEM:
- created_time is returned in local time zone instead of UTC (per spec)

Thanks,
Kesha

Hi Kesha,

Thank you for providing more details.

I am able to confirm your claim while using latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java v7.6.0.2 and a few of my own samples in XLSM format. Moreover, I have also confirmed that the DateTime returned for XLSX format is in UTC. For further investigation of this matter, I have logged a ticket in our bug tracking system. Ticket Id for your future reference is CELLSJAVA-40649.

We will soon sort this out, and will keep you posted with updates in this regard. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the issue on our end.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.6.0.4.

Please try the new fix, the issue of datetime should be fixed by it.

Hello, thank you for a quick fix! It now works as expected!!!

Should we continue using the version you gave or should we wait for a major update i.e. 7.6.1 for instance?

Thanks,
Kesha

Hi Kesha,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with this latest version. You do not need to wait for major release. You can continue to use this version for your production use. Once, major release will be published, you will be notified automatically.

Hi,

Well, as my colleague mentioned, you may use this fix (v7.6.0.4) without any problem, it will behave like an official release and you may use it on production server, it includes all the functionality (full fledged) and fixes of official release i.e. v7.6.0 till that fix. Generally, we publish official releases of the product once in a month. Our next official release of the product (e.g v7.6.1) that is scheduled to be released in the mid of this month (November 2013), it will include all the previous fixes and enhancements including this one (v7.6.0.4) too.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40649) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.