Day of week orderded incorrectly in PDF

Hi,

We tried to sort a pivot column (containing days of the week), but the output PDF file does not have the column sorted correctly.

I have attached a small project to demonstrate the issue I have also attached an input file “input file with day of the week in pivot.xlsx
that you can use with the project. The code simply opens the input
file, go through all worksheets and refresh all pivot tables inside
each worksheet before saving the workbook as “generated file.pdf”.

I have attached a couple of screenshots to show the issue.
1: “day of week order in Excel.png” which shows what the order looks like in Excel.
2: “output with the day in the wrong order.png” which shows what the pivot table look like in PDF.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
We
had an issue where we could not sort months correctly in generated PDF
files; we have since found a workaround to keep the sort correct. The
workaround is as follows:

1. Change the data type of the whole month column in the data source; setting it as "Date"
  2. Refresh the pivot table.
  3. Set the month column in the pivot table as “Date” type too.

Following
the steps above keeps the sorting on our generated PDF file even after
changing the content and size of the data source.

However, when we try this with the day of the week i.e. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc like if you use this other input file “input file with day of week in pivot with data type set.xlsx” we end up with a PDF file containing a pivot table as shown in the “output with day repeated instead.png”.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with template Excel file.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your project with your template file. After refreshing and calculating the pivot table(s) in the sheet, it looks like the Week Days are not ordered/ sorted rightly in the output PDF file. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41908” for your issue. We will look into your issue to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.2.1 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

I have just downloaded the latest copy of Aspose.Cells 7.5.2.1 to confirm this fix.
It’s almost fixed, unfortunately there are still two problems with ordering the Day of the week.

1. Wednesday should not go after Saturday
  2. In Excel the first Day is Monday, but in the converted PDF the first day is Sunday.

I have attached a modified copy of the input file. This new copy has all days of the week in the source table.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and sharing the new file.

I have evaluated your issue with your new file. The refreshing pivot table is ok but there are still some issues using your newly attached Excel file. You are right as I can still see the following two issues which should not occur:
1) Wednesday should not go after Saturday
2) In Excel the first Day is Monday, but in the converted PDF the first day is Sunday.

I have reopened your issue “CELLSNET-41908” again. We will look into your issue to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue further. Well, about this issue, in MS Excel, the first Day is
Sunday too.
If you refresh the pivot table in worksheet “Pivot” in
the template file, you will find Sunday would the first day but not Monday. And, we will fix the first issue soon i.e…, 1) Wednesday should not go after Saturday

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.2.2 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41908) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.