Decimal data is not accurate after conversion

Hi Team,

I am converting a CSV file in to XLS file using Aspose.cells java. When I print the XLS cell values after conversion (By reading the converted XLS file), there is a difference in decimal values from the data inside the CSV file.

Currently we are using Aspose.cells version 7.0.4. Conversion is working fine with this jar. Now, we are planning to move to the new jar 7.2.1 for the Date conversion related issues. We can not go with this behavior change. Please check the same and do the needful at the earliest possible.

For your reference, I have attached the sample CSV file.

Thanks,
Kiran Kumar

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your posting.

Can you please mention to us some of the Cells, containing decimal values, that are not converted properly, so that we can cross check it at our end.

I would also suggest you to please download and try this latest fix of Aspose.Cells for Java v7.2.1.7 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Kashif,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Please check the attached text file which has some of the sample values produced wrongly.

Thanks,
Kiran Kumar

Hi,

I have tested your sample csv file with the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for Java v7.2.1.7

and found it is working fine.

Please see the code below.

I have attached the output xls file and the screenshot for your reference.

Java

String filePath = “F:\Downloads\testTable1.csv”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.save(filePath + “.out.xls”);

Screenshot:

Hi Shakeel,

Thank you for your effort and the reply.

Please read the XLS file generated now and print the cell values and check it, it would be like as I said.

We have automated test scripts to identify the breakages during the software update. In that case, we will do a cell by cell comparison of data between the reference file and the newly generated file. At present, the automation is failing because of this wrong conversion.

Hope you can understand the problem. Please get back to me for further clarifications.

Thank,
Kiran Kumar

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have identified your problem and working over your issue.

We have logged your issue in our database. Once we will have some fix or update available for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40205.

Hi Shakeel,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have stunned with your response time. Thank you team and keep it up.

Regards,
Kiran Kumar

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.2.1.8

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40205) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan