Decreased PDF Save Quality when Migrating from 18.x to 21.12

Hi!

Recently I upgraded to Aspose.Slides for Java 21.12 after using 18.9 for some years, but I noticed that the save as PDF option is producing lower quality PDFs which is an issue for me. Settings im using are

saveOptions.setJpegQuality((byte)100);
saveOptions.setBestImagesCompressionRatio(true);
saveOptions.setSaveMetafilesAsPng(false);
saveOptions.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PdfA1a);

I have also tried different options with those but result is the same. Attached is the original PPTX and the PDFs generated with 18.9 and 21.12 so you can compare the quality. Is there a way to increase quality in the new version? Thank you for your help.output with 18.9.pdf (218.5 KB)
output with 21.12.pdf (231.5 KB)
Example.zip (704.1 KB)

@jroldan1,
Thank you for reporting the issue. It will take me a while to test the case. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

@jroldan1,
I compared your results and found only very slight blurring of the entire contents of the PDF document. Could you please confirm that this is the problem? If the problem is different, please highlight it in the screenshot.

Hi Andrey!

thanks for the reply, yeah its a blurring of the whole document especially noticable in the text components. Is it expected? is there a way to increase quality at least to the previous version?

Thanks

@jroldan1,
Thank you for the confirmation. Unfortunately, I found no way to increase the quality of output PDF document for this case. I added a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-38756 to our issue tracking system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate this case. We will inform you of any progress.

Hi Andrey!

Thank you for the help, ill be monitoring the issue.

Hi! Any updates regarding this issue?

@jroldan1,
I’ve requested plans on this issue from our development team. We will let you know as soon as possible.

@jroldan1,
An issue investigation has been scheduled for the week 2022/14. After finding out the cause, we will be able to say how soon it will be resolved.

thanks! lets hope a quick fix is available

@jroldan1,
Thank you for using Aspose.Slides. Our development team will do their best to resolve the issue you reported.

HI! any updates on the issue? thank you

@jroldan1,
As far as I can see, the issue you described in this forum thread will be fixed in Aspose.Slides 22.4.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38756) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 22.4 (ZIP).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

Thank you! Checking now

@jroldan1,
Thank you for using Aspose.Slides. Please feel free to ask any questions related to Aspose products.