We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Deleting text stamps from PDF

Hi,

I am using below code to add textstamp annotations on PDF using Aspose.Pdf.dll

TextStamp textStamp = new TextStamp(txtAnnotationText.Text);

pdfDocument.Pages[1].AddStamp(textStamp);

pdfDocument.Save(stream);

Now How to delete the textstamps that are added to PDF. Could someone guide me.

Thanks,

Hiday

Hi Hiday,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to notice the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-32340 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Rashid,

I need this in couple of weeks. Is there another way through which I can remove/replace time stamps?

Thanks,

Howard.

Hi Howard,

Thanks for your patience.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused due to this issue. However, I would like to share with you currently this feature is not available. Our development team is working hard to get this feature but I am afraid its not completed yet. Moreover, I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding this feature. As soon as I have required information, I will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Rashid,

I was also looking for a similar solution.

I tried using this peiece of code .

//create a new PdfContentEditor object

PdfContentEditor contentEditor = new PdfContentEditor();

//bind input PDF file

contentEditor.BindPdf("input.pdf");

//get information of all the stamps on a particular page

StampInfo[] stampInfos = contentEditor.GetStamps(1);

//show information of all the stamps

foreach (StampInfo stampInfo in stampInfos)

{

contentEditor.DeleteStamp(stampInfo.StampId);

}

//save output PDF file

contentEditor.Save("output.pdf");

It helped me remove the TextStamp successfully, but I was getting the an error "AN ERROR EXISTING ON THE PAGE. ACROBAT MAY BE DISPLAY THE PAGE PROPERLY"

Could you help on this, please.

Hi Sanofi,

Thank you for the sample code, can you please share the source PDF document with us. This will help us to figure out the issue and reply back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Hello Rashid

Please find the PDF file attached herewith.

We would like to poit out that the the issue mentioned is intermitent and not on every occasion.

Hi Thitisak,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template file.

We have found an issue while deleting stamps using your template file. The issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-32844. You will be notified regarding any updates against your issue via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Do you have any updated on this issue. We cannot use the deleteStampp option as it is quite inconsistent. Do you have any better options?

Hi Thitisak,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for being patient.

Your reported issue regarding stamp deletion has been fixed and the fix will be a part of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.6 (Version is under testing and will be released in a few days). Please be patient and we will notify you once the version is available for download.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-32844) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.