Demo iis error

From Richard:

Hi Im intressed in using Aspose product in one of our projects. But at the moment it is not going as I hoped.

When I install the demos and follow the feater instructions on creating an virtual dir, it is not working.
- first error concerns web.conf
Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition=‘MachineToApplication’ beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Hi Richard,

I think the problem is not in the configuration file, but in the way you have demo application folders configured in IIS. I don’t think you should edit the configuration files like that because it is probably just making the problem worse.

Notice the first error you receive from IIS: This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Please double check the instructions how to configure application directories for the demo. If you installed into C:\Program Files folder then:

For C# demo: in IIS create a virtual directory called Aspose.Word.Demos.WebForms which points to C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Word\Demos\Aspose.Word.Demos.WebForms folder.

For VB demo: in IIS create a virtual directory called Aspose.Word.Demos.VB.WebForms which points to C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Word\Demos\Aspose.Word.Demos.VB.WebForms folder.

Please also check that the virtual directory you created is displayed with an “application” icon in the IIS (not like a normal folder).

There is no easy way to send a document to a client browser and print it without user interaction. It is obviously a security issue and could result in nasty things if it was possible.

Hello Richard,

I also see the error reporting in your email as follows. This error is caused by failing to build the web demo first. Please open it first in Visual Studio .Net then build it. Then run it in your Internet brower.

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type ‘Aspose.Recurrence.Demos.WebForms._Default’.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language=“c#” Codebehind=“Default.aspx.cs” AutoEventWireup=“false” Inherits=“Aspose.Recurrence.Demos.WebForms._Default” %>
Line 2:
Line 3:

Source File: C:\Websites\test\Aspose.Word\Demos\Aspose.Word.Demos.WebForms\Default.aspx Line: 1