Demo product guidance/assistance

Hello,

I'm looking to download/demo your product for use in rendering SSRS reports in .XLSX file format (to overcome the 64K row limitation imposed by the .XLS format).

We are running SSRS 2008 in integrated mode with SharePoint 2007 Enterprise Edition (SP2). Ideally I would like to be able to create report subscriptions within SharePoint that can render directly to .XLSX. Is that functionality available or would I need to take a different path to achieve the same objective?

Could you please recommend what demo/trial product I would need to download for this/similar functionality? Also we are migrating to SharePoint 2010 EE. Is this version currently supported by ASPOSE Cells?

Thanks! Chris.

Hi,

You can use Aspose.Cells for SharePoint right from your SharePoint’s document library to convert a particular document:

Please see this screenshot.

It also supports SSRS 2008 Integrated Mode.

For your other question. Please read the Aspose.Cells For SharePoint User Guide.

You can also find the most recent fix Aspose.Cells for SharePoint 2.0.0 - Fix (setup2010.zip) from the given link

Thanks for the reply and additional information. Looking at the screenshot, this would appear to suggest manual intervention on the part of the report consumer (i.e. to "convert a document"). Using your product, is there a way to have the report subscription deliver a report rendered using the .XLSX file format without requiring a manual "convert document" step?

Thanks for help! Chris.

Hi,

Actually, there are three products.

Aspose.Cells for .NET:
This product is used to programmatically create and modify existing Excel documents. I mean, you can create xls/xlsx files from scratch using C# and VB.NET and also you can use it in your ASP.NET application the way you use any other .NET assembly. See this product Demos

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.
This product is integrated with Report Engine, you cannot use it programmatically. When you will install it, you will see a Menu saying something like Export Your Report to XLS/XLSX using Aspose.Cells just like I showed you in the image. See this product Demos

Aspose.Cells for SharePoint.
This product is also integrated with SharePoint document conversion engine. You cannot also use it programmatically and it shows you the menu option same as I told you above. See this product Documentation

Kindly see the demos and documentations relating to all of it. This will help you better understand your requirements.

Hi

I just started evaluating Aspose.Cells. I now i see the Aspose export options. The export to xlsx via Aspose works pretty good.

How do i modify the export ? I probably need the following two post-export operations:

1. Change the properties of logo to not move or size with cells.

2. Autosize all columns.

I'm sure I'll need report specific operations too.

Can i do this with just the license for SSRS?

Hi,

How do i modify the export ? I probably need the following two post-export operations:

2. Autosize all columns.

If you are talking about your template Excel files’ management, you may use Aspose.Cells to manipulate Excel files at every level, it provides all the features that Ms Excel (97-2010) supports.

1) Yes, sure you may do it, see a document for reference.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Adding+Pictures

2) See the document:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/AutoFit+Rows+and+Columns

And, you need to have a separate Aspose.Cells’ License to use Aspose.Cells APIs

Hi Amjad,

I am not talking about the excel template. I want to modify the Export to excel using aspose.cells in ssrs.

Hi,

We will look into it and guide you on how to do this via Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

For your queries regarding Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services:

We are not clear what your mean exactly. Please describe it and give us more details. You may also provide some screen shots taken in MS Excel.

2. 2. Autosize all columns.

Adding the “IsAutoColumnFit” works for you, you may set it in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

=============================================================================================================================

<Performance value="ON" IsAutoRowFit ="False" IsMerged="True" IsAutoColumnFit="True" IsSetStyle="True" IsConditionalFormatting ="False" LimitCellsNumberForMerged="-1" >

================================================================================================================================

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Let me try to explain what i want in a different way.

My users are running reports in SSRS. They then export that report to xlsx format using your Aspose SSRS Renderer.

At the end of the export, I want to execute a method or user defined function. (find logo(s), change property, ...)

So, can your renderer can be extended in this way? Or is there no way to control/modify how report contents are exported to Excel?

If this is not possible, I think I can manage to have a partial workaround by introducing these functions in a separate excel add-in.

However, if I have to create an add-in, I can probably do without the Aspose rendering extension for SSRS.

Hi,

Well, the export of Excel file by Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services is based on your report define file and your data source. So, this may depend on how you define the report e.g RDL file etc. Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services follows Microsoft standards as you may export reports on the default SSRS. Once the report is exported and if you need to modify some objects e.g image/logo (with its options), you may use our other product i.e… Aspose.Cells component which can manipulate or mange Excel files at every level.

Thank you.