Dependency on BouncyCastle

Hello,

there is a dependency of Apose.Cells on Bouncy Castle (crypto).

I can’t find this dependency declared in the Maven POM, although it should be there.

Anyway, which version of Bouncy Castle is required for Aspose.Cells 21.12?

Greetings
Mario

@mrossi,

Regarding BouncyCastle dependency declaration, please see the “thirdpartylicenses.Aspose.Cells for Java.pdf” file in the release archive for your reference.

Please note, Bouncy Castle 1.6 is used in Aspose.Cells for Java.

Hello Amjad,

I have downloaded

• aspose-cells-21.12.jar
  • aspose-cells-21.12-javadoc.jar

but cannot find any specific documentation about dependencies in these archives.

Could you please indicate a URL or any other useful source of information about them?

Thanks
Mario

@mrossi,

• Download the latest release (zipped) archive of Aspose.Cells for Java from Downloads section.
  • Extract the zipped file and its sub files to some folder(s) and you will find the PDF file.

Hello,

thanks for the link to the Downloads section with the full zip also including the correct version of Bouncy Castle (old versions like this are quite hard to find on the internet :wink:).

Before, I only managed to get access to the repository.aspose.com site which does not expose the zips.

Anyway, wouldn’t it be better to declare the dependencies explicitly in the Maven POM? After all, managing dependencies is what Maven is good for.

Greetings
Mario

@mrossi,

Good to know that you have now found the PDF for your reference.

We will discuss this with the team internally (if we could actually declare about this dependency on maven) and will update you.