Dependent jars - aspose-cells 7.7.0

Hi,

I have downloaded aspose-cells 7.7.0(JDK 1.6) and tried using that in my application.

One more jar named bcprov-jdk16-146.jar got downloaded with aspose-cells jar.

Should i need to append the additional jar bcprov-jdk16-146 too in my product for aspose-cells to work properly. Im unclear about the usage of bcprov-jdk16-146.jar. Could be please explain me.

Thanks in advance.

Praba

Hi,

Well, you should also add this file "bcprov-jdk16-146.jar " to your classpath. This file is generally used for AES encryption supported by MS Excel 2010.

Thank you.
Thank you for the response.

And one more query. Previously I was using aspose 7.0.4. In that case i have added dom4j-1.6.1, stax2-api-3.0.2 and woodstox-core-asl-4.1.1 jars with that version. Now if i switch over to the latest version, shall I remove these jars alonf with previous version.

Regards,
Praba

Hi,

Well, yes, sure, we recently removed the interdependency for those jars in the new versions and wrote our our own XML parsing modules accordingly into the product.

Thank you.

Ok. Thank You.

Hi,

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or you find any issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am using aspose-cells-7.0.0 and bcprov-jdk16-146.jar. When i run this in jdk1.7 it fails with ‘java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface sun.font.FontManager, but class was expected’.

Could you please assist to me run the aspose for jdk 1.7

Thanks,
Karthick Nagarajan.

Hi Karthick,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

For this issue, please try following JVM option when starting the java application:

-Djava.awt.headless=true

or

-DAspose.Cells.Disable=SunFontManager