Deprecated pdf format, PDFA1 causing major problem

Hi Aspose, in my most recent update I found that the PDF-A1 save option was deprecated and the version PDF-A2 was recommended. The problem is that the Swedish government do not accept PDF-A2 as a legal archive resilient format. The only format that they accept is the PDF-A1. IF the PDF-A1 format will be deprecated in a near future we cannot continue to use Aspose for PDF-conversion (others may have the same issue). So I ask you to reconsider.

Best regards Lars

@lars.olsson I have logged your concerns as WORDSNET-23259. We will consider keeping support of PDF-A1 format in the future versions.

@lars.olsson In addition, is there an official site, where the requirements to use PDF-A1 format is described? This will help us to substantiate keeping support of old PDF-A1 format.

Thanks for you concern,

The official site where i found the information is a swedish site, don’t know if it helps but i will attach the link. PDF/A - Riksarkivet.

You will find the information in the Q&A section. pasted the Swedish text below.

"GÄr det bra att anvÀnda PDF/A-2 eller -3 för lÄngtidslagring av digitala allmÀnna handlingar?

Den juridiska utgÄngspunkten för anvÀndandet av PDF/A för myndigheter Àr kap. 3 § 4 i RA-FS 2009:2, dÀr giltig format för arkivering av kontorsdokument Àr PDF/A-1. Det finns dÀrmed inget rÀttsligt stöd för att anvÀnda PDF/A-2 eller -3. Riksarkivet utreder dock frÄgan om att anvÀnda PDF/A-2 eller -3 för lÄngtidslagring av digitala allmÀnna handlingar."

I was in contact with the issuer a year ago and at that time they did not have a plan to include PDF-A2 as an acceptable format.

@lars.olsson Thank you for additional information. I have forwarded this information to the responsible developer.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-23259) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.3 update also available on NuGet.

Hi, what is your action in this case will you wait with the depreciation or go forward?

Best Regards
Lars

@lars.olsson PdfCompliance.PdfA1a/PdfA1b values are kept for now. Obsolete attribute removed.

1 Like