Details about the session of Aspose.Grid.Web in ASP.NET

After testing, I found the following issues:

When I set the "timeout = 60" of sessionState in web.config, the session still can be lost during 60 minutes. Attachment file is my test code, First , I load the test.xls, about 30 minutes later, when I click the "RunFormula" button, the sheets will become a null sheet in the page.

My questions:

1.Why the session of the sheets can be lost in Aspose.Grid.Web?

2.How do the Aspose.Grid.Web keep the the relations between every user's browser and the web server no time limited ?

3.When the user do something in Aspose.Grid.Web in his browser(e.g. key in some data into the cell),but not click any submit button,if the user's brower refer any data to the web server by the session?

4.How can I get the information about the every session for Aspose.Grid.Web . For example:if the session invaild.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the project.

We will check your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

What about this issue?

Hi,

Well, we have tested your TestAspose project, but we can not find the issue i.e…, the session is invalid after 30 minutes or so.

For your queries:

1. Why the session of the sheets can be lost in Aspose.Grid.Web?

It is caused by the session is timeout.

1. How does the Aspose.Grid.Web keep the relations between every user’s browser and the web server no time limited?

When a user navigates asp .net application via browser, a new asp .net session will be created. And Aspose.Grid.Web will use this session at the same time. I think there is no way to set the web server no time limited. You can only set the timeout longer than 60 minutes for your need.

1. When the user does something in Aspose.Grid.Web in his browser (e.g. key in some data into the cell), but not click any submit button, if the user’s browser refer any data to the web server by the session?

If in Ajax mode, the data will transfer to the web server and stored in session. Else, unless submitting data, the session will not be updated.

1. How can I get the information about the every session for Aspose.Grid.Web? For example: if the session is invalid.

Since Aspose.Grid.Web uses asp .net session, you can manage it with Global.asax. Please use Session_OnStart and Session_OnEnd events in Global.asax to manage the sessions.

Thank you.

Hi, Thanks for your reply.But I can’t understand your answer:“the session is invalid after 30 minutes or so”. I set the timeout = “60” in in Web.Config. So, the session should be normal after 30 minutes! The result of your test is the same with mine. Is it not a issue?

Hi,

Well, I mean, we did test your case and the session never expires after 30 minutes or so. We have even tested it further and after 45 minutes or so, the session remains too. So, on our system the session is always valid and never expires before 60 minutes (since session state is set to 60 minutes in web.config file)

Thank you.

well, maybe I don't let you know my all operation.:

1.I set a website for my project by IIS6 in one windows server 2003.

2.I open the "Default.aspx" by IE6 in another PC.

3.After I open the "Default.aspx", I click the "Load Excel" button and load the "test.xls" into the Aspose.Grid.Web.

4.After the step 3, I do nothing in about 30 minutes, I mean, do nothing.

5.About 30 minutes later, when I click the "RunFormula" button, the label1.text will show "sheets have lost" and the data I load in step3 has been lost!

I don't know if you key in any data into the cell or click the "RunFormula" button in your test. I try it as my steps many times and it always appear this issue. I hope you can try it as my steps and I want to know why the data in the Aspose.Grid.Web can be lost.

PS:When I open the "Default.aspx" in my server, it appear this issue too.

Hi,

Well we tested it in windows server 2003 and IIS6. The issue does appear. When I configured the performance setting of Application Pools, it works fine. Please check/set the item “Shutdown worker processes after being idle for (time in minutes)”. The default value is 20. See the attached image/screenshot

Thank you.

well,I may try it as you talk.But for all I know,the precedence of the web.config configuration settings is higher than IIS's settings. So,I dont't know if the aspose.grid.web make this issue.

In fact, it is a haphazard the session lost and it appeared when I was doing something in my application.In other words,I didn't waiting long time when this issue appeared. Becaust it is haphazard,I can't make it certainly appeared in my test code.I hope you can prove the Aspose.Grid.Web can't cause to appear this issue.

How long will you get the cause of this issue?

If you know the cause of this issue,please tell me when will you fix it.

Many thanks!

Hi,

We will further check it if we can find the issue.

Thank you.