Detect orientation of a given data series

Hi,

I'd like to detect, if a chart's data series is horizontal or vertical oriented. While I'm able to set it when adding a new ASeries range, I don't see to how to find out, what a given ranges type is. Secondly, what is Aseries.getType() telling me?

Immediate response would be very much appreciated.

Jens

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well, there is no such API available. It may not be possible to provide one API for such purpose because the datasource of a chart may be complex, such as, some series of a chart may be a vertical range of cells, some others may be a horizontal range of cells, and some others may be static value of non-adjacent cells.

Also, Aseries.GetType() will return the series’s chart type. For example, the types of series in one chart may be different, such as one series is COLUMN chart and another series is LINE. In such situation, the first series.getType will return COLUMN and another will returns LINE.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

The constants you mentioned (LINE, COLUMN…): Are they defined as int constants somewhere?

For the series: I see the point. So I’ve to figure it out by myself by testing for some assumptions.

BTW, there is a strange thing, I noticed:I was not able to set a NamedRange’s name in dataSeries.add(), while i was abel to use it for categories using setCategoryData(). Instead of using namedRange.getText() I had to use nameRange.getRefersTo(). using getText() I always got invalid range spec or so.

Jens

Hi Jens,

For the issue of creating chart with “NamedRange” as data source, we have found
the issue and will provide a fix for it soon. We have logged your issue into out issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-16180.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version, we have fixed the issue of adding chart data by named
range.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16180) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.