DetectFileFormat method for all Word- Excel- and PowerPoint file formats

Does Aspose have a method to detect the file format of a file stream that works with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel file formats?

I see the DetectFileFormat method in Aspose.Words to detect .doc, .docx, and other Word document formats (see Aspose.Total for .NET|Documentation for a list of supported file formats).

I need the equivalent method that also can detect between .doc, .docx, ppt, .pptx, .xls, and .xlsx.

Do you have a single method that works with
Word, PowerPoint, and Excel file formats?

(note: we have licensed Aspose.Total for .NET)

Hi,

I am a representative of Aspose.Cells team. Yes, it does have CellsHelper.DetectFileFormat() static method that you may use to detect the file format type:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/aspose.cells.cellshelper.detectfileformat_overloads.html

Thank you.

Hi,

I am representing Aspose.Slides. Unfortunately, there is no defined method to identify the file extension in Aspose.Slides for .NET. There are two work around methods that you can use, you may access the presentation file using File object and get the file extension using that. Other work around is rather simpler and you may find details about that here. Please share, if I may do any thing for you in this regard.

Many Thanks,