Detecting Chart changes before rendering

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41431) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Babar,

I’ve isolated the issue with calculateFormula() getting stuck. Can I send it to you by email? (the spreadsheet is not to be shared publicly). To which address?

Thanks,

Hi Yousef,

Please use the contact button on the post window to send me an email message. You can attach the sample spreadsheet to the same email. Once you have sent the email, please confirm here as well. This is because, sometimes the email messages end up in the junk folder so we could check it upon your confirmation.

By the way, if you haven’t yet tried the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) then please first give it a try on your side. In case the problem persists, please share the sample spreadsheet along with the code to replicate the said problem.

message should be sent! Using 8.6.1 indeed

Hi Yousef,

I have received the sample, and I am currently testing the scenario on my side. I will shortly get back to you with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

This is to update you that I have logged this scenario in our bug tracking system as CELLSJAVA-41546. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41546 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

For your issue CELLSJAVA-41546, the issue is caused by the large amount of regex match in calculating
formulas. We have improved the performance now, but it still needs
certain time(about 10-20s) to complete the calculation. We will provide you a fix soon.

Thanks, but the regexes don’t explain the regression from 7.7.1.3 to v8.

Can you please compare the time of calculateFormula() between Aspose v7 and v8, to see whether the regression has been solved?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please create a separate thread with your sample code (as well as source excel files) highlighting the regression or performance issue in the older and newer version so that we could investigate it and fix it accordingly. Thanks for your cooperation.

The scenario is exactly the same I sent to Bazar earlier (by PM).

CalculateFormula with the same sheet was working fast in Aspose 7, but not in Aspose 8.

So, it would be great if you could check whether the version with the fix (8.xx) is faster or just as fast as Aspose 7.

Thanks!

Hi Yousef,

Please note, the problem mentioned earlier as CELLSJAVA-41546 has been marked fixed, however, the build containing the fix has not been shared yet so I cannot currently compare the performance of Workbook.calculateFormula method against the legacy version 7.7.x. That said, I have recorded your comments on the aforementioned ticket and have requested the concerned member of the product team to consider them as well.

Hi,

Please download and try the fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Great! Looks like the performance issues have been resolved.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Thanks for sharing a good news with us and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is now resolved with the latest version. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41546) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.