Detecting text with strikethrough formatting

Hi,

I’m trying to detect text fragments with strikethrough formatting. TextFragment hierarchy doesn’t seem to have anything related to that text/font property.

Can you advise how to do that?

Thanks,

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently strikethrough/strikeout formatting is not supported in Aspose.Pdf. We have logged an enhancement ticket PDFNEWNET-37479 for the purpose in our issue tracking system. We will update you as soon as it is implemented.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Matt,

Adding more to Tilal’s comments, Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to search all the TextFragments inside PDF document and it also supports the feature to check the formatting information of each text fragment. Currently Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports Bold, Italic and Underline formatting and you can get similar information for each TextFragment but currently it does not support the feature to recognize/set strike-through formatting. Once the API supports the feature to Get/Set strike-through formatting, you will be able to search all the TextFragments and get related information.

Please be patient and wait for the resolution.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately it is not possible to determine strikeout text in common case.

The strikeout is a physically line drawing behind the text. And there is no markup or properties that allow to determine strikeout text.

However if the text is strikeout using StrikeOutAnnotation then you can find annotation first and later get text from its rect as suggested in this post.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

hi, is there any update on this strikethrough or strikeout issue? I hope you guys can provide a fix as we are facing problem with pdf documents generated with strikeout text. thank you!

Hi Rico,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid it is not possible to determine strikeout text in common cases. The strikeout is a physically line drawn behind the text and there is no markup or properties that allow to determine strikeout text.