Detecting when a new page begins by using some type of marks on the scanned images

I have a client that puts together a stack of documents and scans them them into a single pdf file. They want to create a self-inking rubberstamp that is a certain shape that they can mark on the first page of each set of documents within the scanned Pdf file instead of using Barcode dectection.

Do you have any suggestions?

Hi,

Aspose.Pdf.Kit offers the capability to stamp the document with watermark, where watermark can be Text, Image or pages from other Pdf file and I think your client's requirement can be fulfilled using this feature. This feature allows you to stamp all or selected pages from the Pdf file. As per your client's requirement, he needs to identify the page numbers from where the particular set of documents is being started, and stamp those pages only.

For more related information, please visit http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.pdf.kit-for-.net-and-java/add-watermark.html

The client would basically draw the symbol on the documents before they are scanned. So, it's not a watermark that I would insert or look for it would be an image.

For example, if I took out an ink pen and wrote a perfect triangle on ever page that was the first page in a series of scanned documents can I scan (look) for that perfect triangle?

It would be an image printed on the original document before it's actually scanned. It would be like searching for and identifiying a barcode instead.

Thank you.

Hi,

I think you should consider some kind of image recognition software or something! Aspose.Pdf.Kit can edit and manipulate existing pdf files. Image recognition kind of thing can't be done using this component.

Have I missed something here?

Regards,

Hi,

The Aspose.Pdf.Kit can add/extract a RubberStamp(a type of annotation) to/from an existing PDF file. For more information, please visit CreateRubberStamp and ExtractAnnotations.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,