Determining the Width of a Table Cell

I was a bit confused by the documentation on this subject. If I’m calculating the width of a cell, would the equation be:

pdfCell.FitWidth = pdfCell.FitWidth - <padding_left> - <padding_right> - 2 * (<cell_border_width> + <row_border_width> + <table_border_width&gtWink

My reasoning follows from your documentation stating that the row and table borders are overlapped. So the maximum width of a cell should subtract off twice the sum of all border widths (since borders are on both sides of a cell) as well as the left/right cell padding.

Dear cohenn,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please refer to ColumnWidthAndColumnsSpan. In this document, I want to explain how to put a image into a cell. The equation is
image.ImageInfo.FixWidth =
cellWidth - cellBorderWidth -
cell.Padding.Left - cell.Padding.Right;

I have not consider table borders in this example. If there are table borders, the equation may like this:
cellWidth - cellBorderWidth/2 - Max(cellBorderWidth,tableBorderWidth)/2 -

That means, since cell border row border and table border are overlapped, only the one with max-width is concerned.

Did you mean to type:

Max(rowBorderWidth, tableBorderWidth)/2

?

Dear cohenn,

Sorry for not making it clear. This is only pseudocode used to explain my idea.

That’s fine. I just wanted to make sure you meant Max(rowBorder, tableBorder) instead of Max(cellBorder, tableBorder).

Dear cohenn,

This is decided by which borders you used.

In that case, the equation would be:

cellWidth - cellBorderWidth/2 -
Max(cellBorderWidth, rowBorderWidth, tableBorderWidth)/2 -

The Max function would determine which borders exist and then return the largest one. Is that what you had in mind?

Thanks.