Difference beetween Aspose.cells and Excel calcuation in decimal

HI, we’ve encountered a slight difference in the results produced by an Excel files using aspose.

If you open the attached excel in right I’ve highlighted the cells with the problems.

The problems occurs with version 8.3.2, 16.11.0, 17.1.0

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have tested this issue with the following sample code using the latest version and found the issue. Aspose.Cells calculation is different than MS-Excel calculation.

**Latest Version Download Link: **Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45116 - Aspose.Cells calculation is different than MS-Excel calculation

I have also attached the output pdf file generated by the following code that is showing the Aspose.Cells calculation for a reference.

C#

//Load your source excel file

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“Rep+IR+Stress+GI_Q416_Anonim.xlsm”);

//Perform workbook formula calculation by Aspose.Cells.

workbook.CalculateFormula();

//Hide all the worksheets except Results sheet

for(int i=0; i<workbook.Worksheets.Count; i++)

{

if (workbook.Worksheets[i].Name == “RESULTS”)

continue;

workbook.Worksheets[i].IsVisible = false;

}

//Render entire worksheet into single pdf page

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();

opts.OnePagePerSheet = true;

//Save the workbook in pdf format

workbook.Save(“output.pdf”, opts);

Hi,

We did evaluate your issue further. Well, the issue was caused by precision of Newton iteration method. It is complicated and even hard for us to give the same results with MS Excel. We are still working on it to see whether we can solve it.

Once we further updates, we will share it with you here.

Thank you.

Hi, there are any news about this issue?

Do you advise me in this thread when you have news?

Regards

Silvano
Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid there is no update for you at this moment regarding this issue. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue and requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will update you asap by posting in this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have tried some solutions but got no luck. We are afraid, we cannot solve this issue in near future.

Hi, there is any news?

@bombean1

Thanks for considering Aspose APIs.

We are afraid, there is no further progress on this issue. Once, we will have some update or any news for you, we will share it with you asap.

@bombean1

We have tried many solutions but could not get the expected result for such kind of issue. Currently we cannot find the proper solution for it so we are unable to solve it.

The issue is at the moment open and in case, we have some other news for you, we will share it with you asap.