Difference between doc and pdf copy

Hi,

I’m trying to convert the attached Word document into the pdf. Unfortunately the VAT figure column keeps getting moved in PDF version (see figure £380.40). As you can see it is quite a big issue for us due to nature of the document. Could someone have a look and advise please?

Many thanks,
Paula

Hi Paula,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7892 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I was wondering when could we expect some kind of solution?

It is a fairly urgent and serious issue for our project.

Many thanks,

Paula

Hi Paula,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your issue has now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

Please use regular table in your document to avoid such issues. Your document is sort of an dump art project. Instead of applying table borders to a table you created borders using graphics over table without borders. Please see the attached image for detail.

Hi,

The Word doc is automatically generated using Elite Document Studio, so we cannot easily manipulate the document formatting and the PDF have to look exactly the same as the generated document.

Could you possibly provide me wih the estimated timescale when the issue will be resolved, so we can revise our project timescale and if necessary look into using other means than Aspose.

Many thanks,

Paula

Hi Paula,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have requested the development team to share the ETA. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi.

It is now over a month since the last update. There has still been no ETA for a fix.

As previously mentioned, this issue is actually stopping a major project going live. I'm really surprised and disapointed in the response here and would not be recommending Aspose at the moment to others considering using it. Aspose may have other 'more important' developments, but surely the customer comes first!

If someone could contact me as soon as possible to discuss it would be really appreciated. Either by email or phone - 0131 525 8647.

Best Regards,

Adele Summers, Systems Manager

Hi Adele,

Thanks for your patience.

I have verified the status of your issue from our issue tracking system. Your issue is under analysis phase. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate. However, I have raise the priority of your issue to ‘High’ and have asked for ETA from our development team. I will update you via this forum thread once I get response from our development team.

Unfortunately, Aspose does not provide technical support over the phone/email. We provide support on forums and live chat sessions.

Hi,

I have been waiting on live chat for around 30 minutes - no-one is there!

The last response said that the issue had been verified and that we would be given an ETA for resolution. We are being told the same thing again. Can I have an ETA for the ETA please?

Again, I am seriously dissapointed with the service here and would appreciate a prompt response. If none is forthcoming, I would like full refund on money spent on licenses.

Best regards,

Adele

Hi Adele,

Please accept my apologies for inconvenience.

I am in communication with our development team and have already informed them of your issue. I will update you via this forum thread once I get response from our development team. Once again, please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.

Hi,

If I do not receive a response by tomorrow I will be cancelling my account and telling various contacts not to invest in this product. I/colleagues have received multiple apologies but no actual answers.

This, in short, is extermely unsatisafactory customer service. Your live chat service is also not manned. There appears to be no way to escalate a call.

Regards,

Adele

Hi Adele,

Thanks for your patience.

We can understand the situation and that’s why our development team has given special attention to your issue. Our development team will fix this particular problem in your document and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v13.4.0) which is planned to be released by the end of April 2013. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as April release is published.

Hi,

Please can you confirm whether release 13.4 is available as per note in previous message?

Best regards,

Adele

Hi Adele,

Thanks for your patience. Yes, the fix of your issue will be included in Aspose.Words (v13.4.0). Hopefully, the new release of Aspose.Words 13.4.0 will be released soon.

You can enable email subscription for new releases from following page by clicking the Enable Email Subscription’ button.
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

Once you have enabled the email subscription from above page, you will get the emails for new releases. We will also inform you via this forum thread as soon as April release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7892) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.