Difference between PDF15 and PDFA1/B in PdfCompliance

Dear support,

I’m working on a converter which must be managed PDF A1/A and PDF A1/B.
On the latest version of slides (ie 16.2.0), there isn’t in PdfCompliance class the same constant like in words.

Why they are different ?

Thanks for your answer,

Regards,

Florian

Hi Florian,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared by you and like to share that in PdfOptions class there is a property to set compliance.You can use PdfOptions.Compliance property in this regard to set the the compliance. There is no class for compliance in Aspose.Slides. Also, both Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Words are separate products with different code bases. I hope this will be helpful. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for your answer, but I think we are missunderstanding.

I need to convert a presentation to PDF A1/A or A1/B but in the PdfCompliance class (inside Slides library), there are only PDF15 and PDFA1/B.

What is the difference exactly between values ?

Regards,

Florian

Hi Florin,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

I have discussed the share question with our product team and like to share that with current Aspose.Slides API it is possible to export a presentation to PDF 1.5 (use PdfCompliance.Pdf15 value) standard and to PDF/A-1b standard (use PdfCompliance.PdfA1b value). There is no option for PDF/A-1a standard at the moment in Aspose.Slides.

Also, the support of different PDF standards was developed by other team so we not describe all differences between the standards. It is possible to use following wiki page for more details about different variants of PDF.

PDF/A - Wikipedia

I hope the shared information will be helpful.

Many Thanks,

@florian.melot,

With the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 20.4, you can now have PDF/A-1a compliance support available in API for exporting to PDF. Please read the possible compliance options from this API reference guide link. The following article suggest how to set compliance in PDF.

Exporting to PDF with options