We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Difference in word file

Hi Team,
I created a word file using attached program through Aspose Words 14.5
Here the word file got created fine, however I have a requirement to use this word file to upload in Adobe InDesign. There I get problem becuase word file generated by Aspose is not being accepted by InDesign however if I open same word file and save as new using MS Word its working fine.
I also see some size difference in same word file generated using Aspose and MS Office. This is very top business requirement for us and need your help to resolve this asap.
Thanks,
Amit

Could anyone respond on this?
Thanks,
Amit

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your inquiry. What version of Adobe InDesign are you getting this problem with during processing Aspose.Words generated output documents? From where can I get it for testing on my side?

Best regards,

Hi,
We are using Adobe InDesign CS5 7.0 version.
You cannot test this out from your side. The only thing you can help us is please check and let us know what is the difference between doc generated by Aspose and same generated by MS Word.
Is there any way which can be use to save the word doc with extra metadata which can generate same output as word?
Thanks,
Amit

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the additional information. We are checking with this scenario and will get back to you soon.

Best regards,

Hi Amit,

Thanks for being patient. With Aspose.Words for Java 14.6.0 and using your code, we managed to convert attached “out-awjava-14.6.0.docx” to PDF (see attached “PDF-by-InDesgn-from-out-awjava-14.6.0.pdf”) using “Adobe InDesign CS6 v8.0.1” on our end. InDesign produces a mirrored output from Aspose.Words generated Word document. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10471. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Amit,

Regarding WORDSNET-10471, this looks like a bug in InDesign’s import of DOCX documents, however, we can do changes in our code to work around the problem. The problem occurs in InDesign CS6, while CS5 works fine.

Could you please confirm if this is the actual problem you are facing on your end? You use InDesign CS5, but the problem we analyzed occurs only in CS6, not in CS5. You also mentioned that the document generated by Aspose is not being accepted by InDesign, but in our tests both CS5 and CS6 ‘accepted’ the file, although CS6 imported it incorrectly. Could you please clarify what do you mean when saying “word file generated by Aspose is not being accepted by InDesign”? Do you get any error from InDesign?

Best regards,