Difference on converting from docx to pdf (with and without MS-Office installed)

Hello,

I’m having a littel problem converting a docx-File into a pdf-File using your Words .Net component.

I’m using following code:

Aspose.Words.Document document = new Aspose.Words.Document(dir + “\” + “Resources\Template2.docx”);
document.Save(dir + “\” + “Resources\Template2.pdf”, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);
If I do this on a machine having MS-Office 2013 installed, I get an expected result (WithOffice.pdf). If the code runs on a machine without any MS-Office installed I get a different result (NoOffice.pdf)

All files attached…

I hope you can help, this would help to decide between the different components I’m testing currentliy :wink:

Best, Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks
for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have not found any issue while using Aspose.Words for .NET 14.7.0. I have attached the output document with this post for your kind reference.

Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when
rendering documents to fixed-page formats (PDF, XPS or SWF). Make sure
you have all the Fonts installed on your machine you’re using to convert
Word document to PDF format. I would suggest you please read the
following articles:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+Aspose.Words+Uses+True+Type+Fonts

Please note that in evaluation mode there are some limitations applied. E.g Aspose.Words injects an evaluation watermark at the top of the document. The document’s content are truncated after a certain number of paragraphs during import or export.

To
avoid this you can request a free 30-day trial license which removes
these evaluation restrictions. You can request this from here:
http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/temporary-license.aspx

Hi Tahir,

you’re right! The problem was the font. I changed the font and everything works like expected.

Thanks a lot, Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks
for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.