Differences between Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.BarcodeReader and Aspose.BarCode.BarcodeReader

I am taking over a project that uses Aspose.Barcode to simply read bar codes from multi-page tiff files. I haven’t used these libraries before and have a couple of questions.

The previous programmer used an older version (2.2.2) of Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeReader. When I look at the help and examples for the latest version, I only see Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader with slightly different constructors, methods and properties. Specifically, the code I’m taking over uses the Orientation property.

- Are both of these classes still valid but used for different purposes, or has one been deprecated?

- If they’re both still valid, is one more suitable for simply reading bar codes from tiff images? I would assume BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader.

- Is there an equivalent of Orientation in the BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader class? I don’t see anything in the help.

Thanks.

Bruce McGee

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

In older versions, we had 1 namespace (Aspose.BarCode) which contained all the classes including BarCodeReader.

Since version 3.0, new namespace has been added for recognition purpose, which is Aspose.BarCodeRecognition. BarCodeReader class has been moved to this new namespace.

For barcode reading, please use Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader class.

For information regarding orientation, please visit http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/barcode-orientation.html.

We are already users. I’m just taking over a project from someone else.

You are right. When I first tried this, I was accidentally still referencing the older Aspose.BarCode assembly, which is why Visual Studio was showing me the BarCodeReader. Once I cleaned up the old assemblies, everything shows as expected. My mistake.

Thank you for the link to Orientation. This looks like exactly what I need.

Thanks for the recommendation,shortly i was running with same issue.I really made my views clear using your link.Highly recommended.