Differences between MS Excel zoom and GridDesktop zoom

Hi,

When opening in MS Excel a large worksheet, the view display only part of it. When zooming out, the view reveals more of the worksheet, allowing to see more lines and columns. This allows to have an idea of the structure of the worksheet.
When I try to zoom out the GridDesktop display, I see the same number of lines and columns, but reduced in size, leaving an empty zone in the view.

Here is my event method:
private void zoomBar_Scroll(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
gridDesktop1.Worksheets[gridDesktop1.GetActiveWorksheet().Index].Zoom = zoomBar.Value;
lblZoomValue.Text = zoomBar.Value.ToString() + “%”;
}

Is there a way to display the lines and columns which should come into view when zooming out GridDesktop ?

I joined the spreadsheetML file I used and a screen capture of my app with the GridDesktop and MX Excel side by side.

There is also a problem of rendering a worksheet with locked areas when zooming out. I would be nice if you could look at it.

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks for providing us some details.

danielastertech:

When I try to zoom out the GridDesktop display, I see the same number of lines and columns, but reduced in size, leaving an empty zone in the view.

Is there a way to display the lines and columns which should come into view when zooming out GridDesktop ?

Well, you are right, Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop's Zooming feature does not work the same way as per MS Excel.

danielastertech:
There is also a problem of rendering a worksheet with locked areas when zooming out. I would be nice if you could look at it.

Yes, I noticed this issue, the right area with respect to frozen cols are not displaying fine and in accordance with scroll bar(s) when zooming out.

If you need our product team should look into the feature to improve it a bit and in accordance with MS Excel, we may log a ticket for it for your requirements.

Please confirm it so, we could officially log a ticket into our database, so the relevant developer from product team could evaluate it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thank you for your prompt answer.
I am in the process of recommending buying your product after developing some proof of concepts app.
I would like your product team to see if they can improve the look of the grid when zooming out on worksheets like mine.

Kind regards,

Daniel Siran
Aster Technologies France

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for considering Aspose APIs.

We have evaluated the scenario against the latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop and we are able to notice the problem of worksheet view when zoomed out. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system as CELLSNET-44100. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi again,

This is to inform you that the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-44100 has been marked resolved. We will shortly provide the fix here after ensuring the quality & incorporating other enhancements.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v8.6.2.6 (attached).

We have fixed your issue "CELLSNET-44100" now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44100) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.