We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Differences while using Aspose for editing RTF documents


We are using Aspose for modifying RTF documents in our application. We insert a signature line at the bottom of the document using Aspose. These documents are sent to an external system for further processing. However, the external system is failing to process these documents. If the same documents are modified manually or through a different jar (JACOB), the external system is able to process them. When we open these documents modified by JACOB and ASPOSE, the content looks exactly the same. We assume the difference is in the modified metadata. We have tried using the latest Aspose and even this does not resolve the issue. I am attaching the sample files (original as well as the documents modified by ASPOSE and JACOB) for reference. Please let us know if there is a way to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Hi Eswar,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great if you please share following detail for investigation purposes.

  • Please create a standalone Java application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your problem on our end
  • Please share some detail about your external system
  • Please share what kind error you are facing while using external system

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for looking into it. I have attached the piece of code we are using in our application. Unfortunately we don’t have much information about the external system, probably it is an EMR or EHR. That system is not importing the documents signed using ASPOSE. They are getting boxes at some places in the text.



Hi Eswar,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. The output document looks good in MS Word and have not any issue. We suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 15.12.0. Hope this helps you.