Different line heights at the same value in pixels!

How is this possible?
001.png (15.3 KB)

@Fiodar_Vasilets,
You may share your template Excel file and runnable console application which can be compiled and executed here for our testing. We will reproduce the issue and provide feedback accordingly.

Excel show to all file rowIndex 3: 17-> 12.75

Release.zip (5.4 MB)
Run.png (9.7 KB)

@Fiodar_Vasilets,
We have reproduced this issue here and logged it for further investigation as follows:

CELLSNET-47454 - Different line heights at the same value in pixels

@Fiodar_Vasilets,

We evaluated your issue further.
We found it is not an issue with Aspose.Cells. The row height is in the unit of points in MS Excel file and the height of the row 4 is 13.15 in the file. The returned row height in unit of pix processed by Aspose.Cells is same as MS Excel.

Hello. I do not quite understand!

1. I checked on several computers in all files line 4 -> 12.75
  2. Even if you show 13.15, as with different values in points, the pixel value can be one total, or you have different?
    001_04H.png (18.0 KB)

002_04H.png (19.9 KB)

@Fiodar_Vasilets,

Thanks for further details and more screenshots.

We noticed your issue apparently. Let us evaluate your issue in details.

We will get back to you with further updates soon.

@Fiodar_Vasilets,
We will add Cells.GetViewRowHeight method and Cells.GetViewRowHeightInch() method to support this issue in upcoming fix of API.

hello, so how will they differ from the methods in the row? What is the difference between the row Height and the displayed cell Height?

@Fiodar_Vasilets,

As we said in above post, the stored row height is 13.15, Aspose.Cells return the same row height in unit of pixel as MS Excel after processing original row height in the file. API could not simply change GetRowHeight() to return same view row height.

Please try the latest fix 20.6.4 and let us know your feedback. We have added Cells.GetViewRowHeight method and Cells.GetViewRowHeightInch() method in this fix.

Aspose.Cells20.6.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.6.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)

Let us know your feedback.

Let’s look at the questions in order:

1. where do you get 13.75, I see this only through Aspose.Cells
    .I provided screenshots that I have 12.75 everywhere

result Aspose.Cells20.6.4
Run_01.png (10.3 KB)

1. What is the difference between GetRowHeight and GetViewRowHeightInch?
    Run_02.png (30.9 KB)

are there two different heights? the actual height and height of the line that I see?

3)Why, with the same pixel values, do I see two different heights in points and inches?

@Fiodar_Vasilets,

Aspose.Cells processes files (e.g XLS, XLSX, etc.), so it reads what is stored in the file’s structure. Your file has entry/data , i.e., “13.15” for specified row index. Aspose.Cells does not do anything additionally or incorrectly when reading files for any reasons. Strangely MS Excel shows it differently when viewing the file into it manually. So, we added newer APIs for your task.

Thanks for your understanding!

thank!
I just wanted to clarify about the value in pixels, why is it in both cases 17?

can then add GetViewRowHeightPixel, and the same thing for columns?

@Fiodar_Vasilets,

Please wait a bit as we will get back to you to clarify your doubts and provide the details.

@Fiodar_Vasilets,
Aspose.Cells returned the row height in unit of pixels after complex calculation with row height in unit of points in the file.

How do Aspose get one result in unit of pixels for different values at unit of points?

@Fiodar_Vasilets,

We will check if we could provide you details on it. We will get back to you soon.

@Fiodar_Vasilets,
The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47454) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.7. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by ahsaniqbalsidiqui