We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Different servers = different results

Hi,

One of our customer reported that one of his Word document, which contains a table on two different pages, results into a weird PDF file: the two tables are one over the other on the first page, while the second page is OK. Using the same Word document, I converted it on my PC and it shows right. I did the same operation on a third computer and it shows right, however there’s a third empty page. So basically, converting the same document on three different PCs give me three different results.

Why is that? I know that Aspose.Words doesn’t require Microsoft Office to be installed, but what could explain those differences? Some shared components on Windows? If it works on our computer but not on our customer’s PC, we would like to know what to install/update to fix the issue.

Attached to this post are 4 documents: the Word document and the 3 results

Thank you.

Hi Claude,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.11.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. Could you please double check if you are running the latest version (11.11.0) on all your servers? You can dynamically check if you’re referencing the correct DLL by using the following code snippet:

System.Reflection.Assembly[] assemblies = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies();
foreach (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly in assemblies)
{
System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyName = assembly.GetName();
if (assemblyName.Name.Contains(“Aspose.Words”))
Console.WriteLine("Aspose.Words Version Number: " + assemblyName.Version.ToString());
}

Moreover, I have attached the PDF document (out.pdf), i.e. generated on my side, here for your reference.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

I just double checked and they’re all the same version (11.10.0.0). As I mentioned, they’re all ran on different servers/Windows version.

I have more details for the servers :

The one that generates the document with page 1 and 2 on the same page, one over the other :

Windows 2003 Entreprise SP2 with MS Office 2007 installed
The one that generates the document the right way (like the one you attached)
Windows 7 SP1 with MS Office 2007 installed
The one with an extra white page :
Windows 7 SP1 with no MS Office installed.

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information.

But, the PDF (projets_pac 2013, retenus par le jury.pdf) you attached in your first post seems to be generated with Aspose.Words for .NET v10.5.0. Please do the following steps to check the version of Aspose.Words your PDF is generated with:

1. Open the PDF document with Adobe Acrobat
  2. Click on the ‘File’ menu and choose ‘Properties’ to open ‘Document Properties’ dialogue box.
  3. In the ‘Decsription’ tab, under ‘Advanced’ section, you’ll see ‘Pdf Producer’ name.

If I can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,