Different size TIFF is generated from DOC at Windows and Solaris using Java

hi

I am using Aspose words for java 11.5 .0 and am seeing a different behavior when i try to convert a document to TIFF format in windows and to the one in solaris env(Oracle Solaris 10 8 / 11 10s_u10wos_17b SPARC)
i am using sun provided below jai jar and have added that in the classpath when i run a standalone code.
jai_core.jar
jai_codec.jar

sample code used:

String dirDelimiter = "/";
Document doc = new Document(ipdir + dirDelimiter + DocName);
ImageSaveOptions options = new ImageSaveOptions(SaveFormat.TIFF);
options.setTiffCompression(TiffCompression.NONE);
doc.save(ipdir + dirDelimiter + opdoc, options);

things i have noticed
i) increase in TIFF file produced in solaris env as compared to windows generated one.
more number .
ii) increase in number of pages in TIFF file produced in solaris env as compared to windows generated one.

not sure where the problem lies , is there any known issues around it?
pls advice

thanks in advance

Hi,
Thanks for your query. It would be great if you please share your document for investigation purposes.

hi
I have attached one such document which shows that.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the document. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSJAVA-601 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi

can you please get me an estimated time when this issue will be resolved at the earliest ?
considering that it has impacts to the clients production environment.
or let me know if you have any other processes to get a bug prioritized and resolved at the earliest

Hi,

This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, I can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

The issue WORDSJAVA-601 is related to number of pages, it would be great if you please share some more information about your following question.

i) increase in TIFF file produced in solaris env as compared to windows generated one.
more number .

what i meant with increase in size was with respect to the file size of the generated TIFF document
with the doc i provided earlier in windows env you will see tiff document of : 29.5 mb
and in solaris env 36.1 mb , which may be due to the reason that there is addition of new pages in the tiff document.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the information. I have shared this information to our development team. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Hi kulbaad,
Regarding different sizes of generated images – it is not an issue at all. Almost always you will get differently sized images even on different versions of Windows or on different JVMs on the same OS. It’s because different low level (native) image codecs are used on each environment. I saw two or three times difference in sizes. So your 20% is very modest differenceJ.

Also always you will get pixel difference on images generated under different OS.
The difference in fonts can be even more noticeable. Because Unix systems doesn’t contain all (mostly proprietary) fonts that available on Windows and vice verse. When system can’t give some specific font to application – it gives replacement font that is rendered slightly differently, again. We think (probably) different number of pages in Solaris is because it hasn’t Microsoft fonts used in source doc.
To get much smaller tiff images you can play with ImageSaveOptions. For instance, you can set TiffCompression to Ccitt3 or 4 and Resolution to 200 or 300 and get good quality bw tiff of your doc within 0.5-2M.
Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-601) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.