We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Different Text orientation DOCX <> PDF

Hi there,

we seem to have encountered a bug in the PDF layouting. Please find attached docx document that has a text turned by 270 degree to the right. If you convert this to PDF, the text will no longer be turned.

Is there any way to fix this?

Best regards,Scherge

Hi Scherge,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12198. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Could you please share unprotected document here for further investigations?

Hi Tahir,

please find attached the unprotected version of the document.

Hope this helps you fix this issue soon

Best regards
Scherge

Hi Scherge,

Thanks for sharing the document. We will inform you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Hello Tahir,

is there any update on this issue? We are eagerly awaiting a fixed release with this and another issue.

Best regards
Scherge

Hi Scherge,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to share with you that issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve basis. Currently, your issue is under analysis phase. I am afraid, we can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Scherge,

Thanks for your patience. Our product team has completed the analysis of this issue. This issue can be resolved by using PdfSaveOptions.DmlRenderingMode as DmlRenderingMode.DRAWING_ML. So we are closing this issue. I have attached the output Pdf with this post for your kind reference. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "UpDownDirectionTest.docx");
PdfSaveOptions options = new PdfSaveOptions();
options.setDmlRenderingMode(DmlRenderingMode.DRAWING_ML);
doc.save(MyDir + "Out.pdf", options);

Hi Tahir,

i beg to differ. The text gets rotated properly but it is entirely on the wrong side of the text box, so this does not fix all of the problems.

Best regards
Scherge

Please find attached the result of the save operation with the suggested parameter and notice the position of the text.

Best regards
Scherge

Hi Scherge,

Thanks for your inquiry. You are using an old version of Aspose.Words. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 15.7.0 to get the correct output. Hope this helps you. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Scherge,

Further to my last post, I have noticed that there is a small difference in position of text in output Pdf. I have logged this detail in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Scherge,

Further to my last post, I have noticed that there is a small difference in position of text in output Pdf. I have logged this detail in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Edit : WORDSNET-12343 is the issue ID for this new issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12343) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan