Difficulties with populating .PST file

I am able to create a pst file without difficulty.

I recursively walk the folders that I want saved while creating the folders in the pst where they do not already exist. As I go, I save the email as a MapiMessage. When I open the resulting pst in Outlook, it shows the message headers but I get an error message that the message cannot be found.

What follows is a prtion of the function that I use to add the message to the pst.

private static void GetMessagesInFolder(ExchangeFolderInfo folderInfo, FolderInfo fInfo, PersonalStorage pst)

{

foreach(ExchangeMessageInfo in client.ListMessages(folderInfo.Uri)

{

pst.GetFolderById(fInfo.EntryIdString).AddMessage(MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(client.FetchMessage(msgInfo.UniqueUri), OutlookMessageFormat.Unicode));

}

}

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I am afraid, I am unable to replicate your problem by using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET v1.5.0.

It is important to reproduce the problem at my end to raise a ticket for your issue. Could you please provide us your complete source code to create a PST and add messages. I would suggest you to provide us a simple console application for our review. Please also share some messages that you are adding to the PST.

Looking forward to your kind reply.

It looks like I have found the issue. User error. The problem was not in the code snippet that I supplied. It was that I was not properly closing the pst file when I was done with it. I added a call to the Dispose function of the PersonalStorage object and that seems to have done the trick.

I would like to suggest that the documentation be revisited to be less terse in the object member explainations.

Overall, it looks to be a very good product!

Hi Charles,

Good to know that you are up and running again.

Regarding the documentation, we’re improving it in phases. Plan is to improve overall user experience by adding new contents, topics and samples in the documentation. If you find any suggestions, please do let us know and we’ll be glad to further improve the documentation accordingly.

Regards,