Digital Signatrures

Hello,
I bought the latest version of the component (Aspose Word.Net), in the expectation that in this version we would have access to digital certificates inside the word document. This my expectation was based on aresponse that I put in your post, however I can not find where to access this featurerds for .NET.
Can you help me addressing this issue.
Thanks
Nuno Semedo

The current version of Aspose.Words only allows to detect if a document is signed. It does not allow you to check if the signatures are valid and does not allows access to the signatures and certificates. The feature to just check if a document is signed is useful because you can use it in your program to decide whether to process this document futher as opening and then saving such a document using Aspose.Words will invalidate the digital signatures obviously.
But the good news is that the feature that actually allows to access digital dignatures of the document, certificates and checks for signature validity are ready to be released in the next version, we plan it to be end of October.
You can really help if you let us know a bit more about your use case - what do you need the digital signatures for, what information (what fields) do you need to access and so on.

Hi Nuno,

Thanks for your request. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issues. We will notify you once version of Aspose.Words that includes this feature comes out.
Best regards,

Hello,
In our process we have 2 steps that we need to address. We have to manage digital signatures in server side (ASP.NET) and in Client Side, but in server side is the major problem for us, because we need to have MSWord installed on the server to work with digitalsignatures.
So in server side, when a user upload of a word file we need to now how much digital signatures the word document have and the information about the last certificate to indicate in our application the user who signed the document.
In client side, we need to sign the document with a digital signature installed in client machine. Most of our users have MSword installed in their machines and we open the doc with Office PIA to sign the document.
The server side is our major problem because we can have the MSWord installed in server.
Thanks

Ok great,
In this case the API that we have designed should be sufficient for what you want to do.
The Document.DigitalSignatures collection will give you access to the signatures. Each signature will give a name and date as well as the access to the X509Certificate2 of that signature. This will be included as part of the upcoming release sometime end of October.

Ok. We wait for the new API.
If you want we can help testing the API in our software, we can be one of your better testers for this feature.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14820) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10711) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 994) have been fixed in this update.

(3)