Digital signature doesn't work after saving document

Hi,
I have several digital signatures in my document. They don’t work after saving document using Aspose.
Is there any workaround for this problem ?
I’m attaching problematic document

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because Aspose.Words does not support digital signatures. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.
Unfortunately, I cannot suggest you any workaround of this issue at the moment.
Best regards.

Hi,
thanks for a reply. Is there possibility that it will be fixed in the next release ?
Actually, we don’t need the support for digital signatures. We want them to be preserved in the document after saving.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I cannot promise that this feature will be supported before the next release. Currently, this feature is scheduled on the Q3-Q4 of this year. But note this is just an approximate estimate.
Best regards.

Hi,

our customers are using digital signatures in their document templates too.
Therefore preserving digital signatures in word documents is also important for us.

Thanks a lot
Matthias

Hello Matthias,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.
Best regards,

Hi,

as i mentioned before, our customers are using digital signatures in their document templates. Therefore preserving digital signatures in word documents is at the moment really important for us.
Can you tell me if this feature will be available soon?
Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Matthias Schlosser

Hi

Thank you for additional information.
Would you like to preserve digital signature after processing document using Aspose.Words? If so, it is impossible because If process the signed document and have the same digital signature attached automatically – this will invalidate the whole purpose of digital signatures. The thing is that the original author has not signed the resulting document. You basically cannot transfer a digital signature from one document to another.
In one of future versions of Aspose.Words we will provide functionality to sign your document. So you will be able to resign the document after processing it.
Best regards.

Hi,

ok, I was not precise as necessary.

We are using digital signatures for signing the VBA project within a document.
In combination with macro security level ‘Disable all macros except digitally signed macros’ digitally signed macros will only run.

The digital signature of VBA project is lost when the document is loaded and saved by Aspose (although VBA project and document has not been modified).
Therefore macros are not available anymore in this document.
Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Matthias Schlosser

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Could you please also attach your document here for testing? I will investigate the issues and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi,

i have attached several documents to demonstrate the problem. Macro security level ‘Disable all macros except
digitally signed macros’ must be set within Word 2007.

Comment to all attachements:

• Document without certificate.doc
    Simple document with AutoOpen macro within individual macro module 'NATIVE’
    Result: AutoOpen will not be started after opening document.
  • Document with certificate.doc
    Same document as before. Except its VBA-project is digitally signed with individual certificate ‘mascert’. Certificate ‘mascert’ is created by selfcert.exe of Office 2007.
    Result: AutoOpen will be started after opening document. --> message box is shown
  • Document with certificate SavedByAspose.doc
    Same document as ‘Document with certificate.doc’. But this document is the result after loading and saving by Aspose.
    Code snippet:
  doc = new Document(TestAsposeAndCertificate.LOAD_FILENAME);
  doc.save(TestAsposeAndCertificate.SAVE_FILENAME);

Result: AutoOpen will not be started after opening document. Certificate is lost in VBA project

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Matthias Schlosser

Dear Matthias,

The issue described by you is known and has been fixed already for Aspose.Words. for .Net product. We excpect to get fix for Aspose.Words forJava in next release.

Meantime i have linked your request to related record in our tracking system, so you will be notified about issue fixing.

Thank you for patience.

Hi,

at the moment we are testing the new beta release of Aspose Words for Java 10.0

The problem with lost digital signatures is still present. A solution of this problem is really important for us.

Background information:
We are using digital signatures for signing the VBA project within a document.
In combination with macro security level ‘Disable all macros except digitally signed macros’ digitally signed macros will only run.
The digital signature of VBA project is still lost sometimes when the document is loaded and saved by Aspose 10.0 (although VBA project and document has not been modified). Therefore macros are not available anymore in this document.
If you are using Aspose Words for Java 4.0.3 the digital signature of VBA project is always lost after saving. In version 10.0 sometimes.

Example:
I have attached several documents to demonstrate the problem. Macro security level ‘Disable all macros except digitally signed macros’ must be set within Word 2007.

Comment to all attachements:

• Certificate will be lost.doc
    Document with AutoOpen macro within individual macro module ‘NATIVE’. VBA-project is digitally signed with individual certificate ‘CURSOR Aspose’. Certificate ‘CURSOR Aspose’ is created by selfcert.exe of Office 2007.
    Result after saving with Aspose: AutoOpen will not be started after opening document because signature of VBA project is lost.

• Certificate will remain.dot
    It seems that this is the same document as before but result is different.
    Result after saving with Aspose: AutoOpen will be started after opening document (–> message box is shown) because signature of VBA project still exists.

• TestAspose10AndCertificate.java
    Simple code for saving both documents that are mentioned before.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Matthias Schlosser

Hello,
I managed to reproduce your problem on version 10.0b.
Once the problem is corrected we will notify you immediately.

Hello,

as i mentioned before, our customers are using digital signatures in their document templates. Therefore preserving digital signatures in VBA projects of word documents is at the moment really important for us.
Can you tell me if this feature will be available soon?
Thanks a lot.

Best Regards
Matthias Schlosser

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. The problem with preserving digital signature of VBA project is scheduled to be fixed in the next version of Aspose.Words. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 3-4 weeks). You will be notified as soon as the new version is available.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21448) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-656) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(31)