Digitized Signature for PDF

Hi, We want to embed Digitized Signature in PDF Documents. We are considering Aspose as one of the options.

We would like to know that how user can add a Signature marker in the PDF so that Aspose DLL can embed the signature image at the marked location in the PDF.

Does Aspose offer any Editor for this action?

If not, how this will be handled by Aspose?

Thanks,

Khurram Sheikh
Development Manager

Great Minds Software

Hi Khurram,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

Could you please elaborate your requirement a little bit? Do you want to sign a PDF file using a certificate containing signature or you just want to add a signed image in an existing PDF file? Also, please share whether you want to add this signature while creating a new PDF file or editing an existing PDF file.

Kindly share your thoughts in detail, so we could guide you accordingly.
Regards,

Hi, Shahzad!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have already mentioned in subject that we are looking forward to include the functionality of Digitized Signature (hand written scanned images) in our ASP.NET Application at the moment.

We have to implement this on an existing PDF file. Our Application users can load any PDF that they receive from outside. First, we have to place a Signature Marker within the PDF document. Secondly we have to use Aspose dll to embed the signature images at the appropriate marked place. Please let me know how Aspose can handle to achieve the first step.

Another question:

Normally there will be more than one users to digitally sign such PDFs in a sequence. So all such signatures should appear with their names, Title and company in the PDF document. Can you please elaborate how we can achieve this through Aspose?

Thanks,

Khurram Sheikh

Hi Khurram,

Thank you very much for sharing further details.

In this case, you’ll have to add image field in the PDF file first and then use the FillImageField method to fill the signature image in the field. If you want to add multiple signatures then you may add multiple image fields in the PDF file.

Alternatively, you can also use AddImage method to add the signature images on the specified coordinates.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi, Shahzad!

Thanks for replying.

How to mention the location on the page to add the imageField? Does Aspose have some interface, like pdf editor, to help users to point out location on the PDF document to specify the ImageField?

Please reply at your earliest. We need to make a decision to either buy it or opt for another vendor.

Hi Khurram,

In order to specify the location or add the image field at some particular point, you’ll use the same tool which you’re using to create the PDF file in the first place. The FillImageField method will only allow you to fill the images in those fields using the field names. Moreover, I would like to share that Aspose.Pdf.Kit is only an API; it is not a visual tool to edit the PDF files manually.

I hope this helps. If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,