Disable copy and paste

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to disable a user from copying and pasting within a column only? I can't seem to find a way for the user to edit the field manually, but disable them from copy and paste. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well I can't see this feature.. disabling copying or pasting within a column.. in Ms Excel. However, we may protect a sheet and disable selection within the column.

You may see all the protection options available in ExcelXP or greater and Aspose.Cells support all those options too .....Select Tools | Protection | Protect Sheet... You can check or uncheck different options related to allow or disallow different tasks. The first one is "Select Locked Cells" If you uncheck it you cannot select the cells.

Excel Procedure:

1. Select all the worksheet cells in ExcelXp file or Press CTRL + A.

2. Now select Format | Cells | Protection tab... and uncheck the Locked option.

3. Now select a Column, say Column C, whom you want to lock. you can click on the column header to select a column.

4. Now again select Format | Cells | Protection tab.....and check the Locked option.

5. Now either you can protect the sheet Selecting .. Tools | Protection | Protect Sheet... and uncheck the first option "Select Locked Cells" to disable the user from selecting the entire column

OR

Save the file and using Aspose.Cells APIs like Worksheet.Protect() method to save the sheet.

With Pure Aspose.Cells APIs:

Workbook wb = new Workbook();

wb.Open("d:\\testlock.xls",FileFormatType.Excel2003);

Worksheet sheet = wb.Worksheets[0];

Style style;

StyleFlag flag;

// unlock all the column first.

for(int i = 0; i <= 255; i ++)

{

style = sheet.Cells.Columns[(byte)i].Style;

style.IsLocked = false;

flag = new StyleFlag();