How to hide grammar/spelling errors in document using .NET

Is there a way to disable the spelling and grammar checking for documents generated with Aspose? In Word 2013 I can go to options/proofing, scroll down, and check ‘Hide spelling errors in this document only’.

I found this article, but I’m looking for a global way to disable proofing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested features at the moment. However, I have logged these features request as follow:

WORDSNET-10403 : Add feature to 'Hide spelling errors in this document only’
WORDSNET-10404 : Add feature to 'Hide grammar errors in this document only’

You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Disable Spell and Grammar in document

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10403,WORDSNET-10404) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.5 update.

@kkalitowski

We have added new property Document.ShowGrammaticalErrors in Aspose.Words 20.5 to ‘Hide grammar errors in this document only’. Following code example shows how to enable display of grammar errors in the document.

Document doc = new Document("in.docx");
doc.ShowGrammaticalErrors = true;
doc.Save("out.docx");

To show or hide the spelling errors in the document, we have added Document.ShowSpellingErrors property in Aspose.Words 20.5. You can enable display of spelling errors in the document using following code example.

Document doc = new Document("in.docx");
doc.ShowSpellingErrors = true;
doc.Save("out.docx");