Display CJK characters while converting workbook to PDF using Aspose.Cells for Java

I have attached the pdf generated via Excel.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your file.

We have logged it in our database against the issue id: CELLSJAVA-40319.

Once there is some update for you, we will let you know asap by posting on this thread.

Has there been any progress on this issue? Is there anything else we can provide to help your investigation?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

First of all, we wish you a great 2013 year. :slight_smile:

We are afraid, there is no update for you at the moment. It seems, your issue is difficult to be resolved sooner and it needs quite more work and investigation as thought earlier.

However, we have logged your comments in our database against the issue id: CELLSJAVA-40319.

Hopefully, your issue will be fixed soon.

Thanks, Shakeel – We can’t purchase Aspose until this bug is fixed, so we’re eagerly awaiting a fix. Happy New Year to you and the Aspose team!

Hi,

Thanks for your good wishes. Many happiness returns to you. :slight_smile:

We have again added your comments in our database to bring this issue forward.

However, your issue is logged as Normal User, if you want to log it as a Priority User or Enterprise User, then you will have to purchase Enhanced Priority Support, please contact Aspose.Purchase department for this.

Hi Shakeel,
I finally managed to get some of the character to render, using the option that was provided to me earlier:

PdfSaveOptions pso = new PdfSaveOptions();
pso.setDefaultFont(“MingLiU”);

Previously,
when I stated that I was not able to get it working, was caused by the
issue off using ‘MingLiu’ instead of ‘MingLiU’. I guess fonts files are
case sensitive.

However, using
CellsHelper.setFontDir(“C:\Windows\Fonts”);
still isnt resolving the issue.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are glad to know that your issue is resolved partially with our given code and the font names are case sensitive.

We have now logged your comments against this issue id: CELLSJAVA-40319.

Once, we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi again,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the delayed response.

Please give a try to the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 16.12.0 as it can render the CJK characters in PDF similar to Excel application. I have attached both PDF files here for your reference.