Display collapsed SUM and expand to see detail

Hello,

I am tying to display a summarized line SUM(XXX) and then be able to expand to see the detail that makes it. Been playing with the ##group tag but haven’t been able to figure this out.

what would be the correct way to write such code?

thanks,

Charlie

@Charlie.R

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please provide us your expected Excel file which you can create manually using Microsoft Excel. It will help us look into issue deeper and we will update you asap.

@shakeel.faiz pleae find file attached
Group_example.zip (7.3 KB)

@Charlie.R

Thanks for your sample Excel file. Please also go through this article because it should answer your questions relating to how to group the table rows. Let us know your feedback.

@shakeel.faiz I have spent the past month in the instruction manual but I find the overall information lacking.

So far I haven’t been able to reproduce a single model (hence all my tickets asking for code examples as I cannot find workable examples in the manual)

Do note that in my example the SUM is ABOVE the detail, ASPOSE gives me an error if I try to add a ##group above the detail

thanks,

Charles

@Charlie.R

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose APIs.

We understood your requirement and we have recorded your issue for further investigation. We will try to provide you some good RDL file that works fine with MS-Excel grouping feature.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSRS-526 - Display collapsed SUM and expand to see Detail using ##group tag

@Charlie.R

For your issue CELLSRS-526,

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

@shakeel.faiz,

would you be able to provide an example on how to write the parameter in Excel?

thanks,

Charles

@Charlie.R

Please check the reply in your other topic. i.e.

@Charlie.R,

We had added the new feature to support the issue(“Dsiplay collapsed SUM and expand to see detail”). Please download the fixed version (Aspose.Cells for RS v18.2.5) here and refer to the attached file “CELLSRS526.rdl” to create report definition file.
file1.zip (8.1 KB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-526) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi